Friday 18 November 2011

Cade's New York Exhibition Opening: Altered States of Reality


Click here to view the... OPENING NIGHT VIDEO

If there was one place in the world every artist dreams of kicking off their international art career, New York City is it!  Ten months ago, that is exactly what happened...

Leading contemporary art gallery, Agora Gallery, is situated in the heart of Chelsea, New York's distinguished art district.  In February this year, the gallery contacted me via email to offer what would become the chance of a lifetime... professional gallery representation in New York City!  At first, I thought someone was playing a practical joke on me, but I soon discovered this offer was very real.

Some ten months later, after weekly emails with the gallery staff, I was winging my way to New York for the launch of my first group international exhibition, Altered States of Reality, which officially opened on Thursday, 3 November 2011.  

I was lucky to be able to be there to celebrate it with my family and meet some incredible artists.  We had a great turnout on opening night and the Agora Gallery Team are incredibly professional, curteous and supportive of all of their artists.  Better still, they cross every 't' and dotted every 'i', ensuring the exhibition was a seamless success.

It was great to meet the gallery team after all these months of emails and spend some valuable time with Gallery Director, Angela di Bello, who knows the NY art scene exceptionally well and has given me some excellent advice for the future.  I look forward to what the future holds with Agora Gallery and New York City!

Here are some more images from opening night...

 The snow blizzard had cleared, just in time for a great opening turnout!

Canola Sea, 2009 and Pink Dragon Tokyo, 2010 on show 

Gallery guest, admiring Tasmania's beauty, through my eyes... 

 (From left to right) So lucky to celebrate the opening at dinner downtown NY 
with my supportive family - sister Hollie, my mum Lynne and lovely wife, Kelly

Scott Pioro from Aussie rock band, Goodbye Motel, 
stopped past for the opening and post celebrations!


 
 Enjoying a relaxing walk in downtown Nolita NYC, the morning after opening night



No comments:

Post a Comment