Monday 10 October 2011

New York, New York: Selected for NYC art exhibition

I have been selected to exhibit in a photography exhibition in the heart of New York’s art precinct in November.


New York City is a long way from home, but that’s not stopping me heading to the Big Apple for an exhibition in New York’s Chelsea district. My work was chosen, along with nine other artists from around the world, for the Altered States of Reality Exhibition, which will be on from 2 - 23 November.

Agora Gallery, NYC, first noticed my work through a previous Sydney exhibition in the Danks Street Complex in Waterloo.  “Cade’s limited edition photographic prints provide a refreshing view of the most basic elements of optical experience,” says Angela di Bello, Director, Agora Gallery, New York City.  “Inspired by the ‘visual freedom’ of the Impressionist school, Cade’s graphic experimentation or ‘painting’ with light, colour and movement results in stunning photographic abstractions that push at the stubborn edge of traditional photography,” she said.

I leave for New York at the end of the month. For more information on the exhibition, see my News & Events page on my website at: http://www.cadeturner.com.au/news.php

No comments:

Post a Comment